I have a couple of public service announcements for events that are close to my heart:
The Volusia County Romance Writers and Central Florida Romance Writers have teamed up to bring you a Super Saturday that is not to be missed:
“From Manuscript to Market”
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Location: Hilton Garden Inn – Orlando, FL
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Featuring Best Selling Author Roxanne St. Claire
Agent: Lucienne Diver, The Knight Agency
Social Media Marketing Specialist, Tonia Brewer
PLUS: We will have the following authors at our Author Signing Event:
- Roxanne St. Claire – New York Times Bestselling Author of the Barefoot Bay series, the Guardian Angelinos series, and the Bullet Catchers series.
- Lucienne Diver – Literary agent and author of the Latter-Day Olympians series and the young adult Vamped Series.
- Barbara Cameron – Carol Award finalist for the ACFW and author of the Quilts of Lancaster County series and the Stitches in Time series.
- Caro Carson – Debut author of Harlequin Special Edition Doctor, Soldier, Daddy.
- Heather Ashby – Debut author of Forgive & Forget, the first book in the Love in the Fleet series.
- Diane Burke – Author of five Harlequin Love Inspired novels including Hidden in Plain View & Silent Witness
Sandwich lunch included (vegetarian options available)
$40 – VCRW/CFRW Members, $45 – Others
The Laurel Wreath Contest for published authors awards excellence in published romance fiction. The contest is judged exclusively by booksellers and librarians, and winners of each category are awarded a Laurel Wreath Award Pendant.
Sponsored by the Volusia County Romance Writers chapter of Romance
Writers of America, the annual contest is now open for 2013. Entries
will be accepted until September 18, 2013.
Books must have a copyright date of 2012. Electronic books appearing
for the first time in print in 2012 are also eligible for entry.
* Contemporary Series Romance (40,000 to 70,000 words)
* Contemporary Single Title (over 70,000)
* Historical / Regency
* Paranormal / Time Travel / Fantasy/ Futuristic
* Erotic Romance
Full contest rules and a printable entry form are available on the VCRW website: